Easy Banana Ice Cream
This is the best easy ice cream to make – and the healthiest! It turns out banana is a natural ice cream – like a packet product just waiting to be processed! If you want to make a healthy ice cream for your children – or for yourself – here it is!
This ice cream is also dairy free, fat free and cholesterol free! It is also packed with vitamins and minerals and offers many health benefits
Amazingly easy, nutritious and delicious banana ice cream. Give you kids (and yourself) a real treat!
You can make an ice cream with pure banana or you can add any other extras like honey, caramel sauce (banoffee ice cream!) or chocolate chips. Just stir in your favourite at the end.
You could place the mix in Ice Lolly Maker to make healthy, banana lollies for your children on a summers day.
I served the banana ice cream with fresh pineapple to make a real tropical dessert. Very refreshing and delicious – you wouldn’t know it was so healthy and low calorie too! The ice cream can be served on its own or with any other fruit. It would also be great with a chocolate or caramel dessert instead of cream of ordinary ice cream.
This is a recipe that requires a robust food processor. The ice cream is made by slicing and freezing the slices – which are quite hard. The pieces are then put into a blender and the blender turns it first into small pieces and then into ice cream!
Banana Ice Cream Recipe
- 4 ripe bananas
- Peel and thinly slice the bananas
- Place in a bag or container in the freezer
- Freeze for 6 hours or overnight
- Place the frozen slices in a blender
- Gradually process until the slices are borken up and then turn into a paste
- At this stage stir in any extras such as honey, chocolate chips or caramel sauce
- Serve the ice cream now – or returning to the freezer in a box
Leave A Review Or Comment