Frittata Recipe From My Virgin Kitchen
Frittata recipe comes from a fellow food blogger. It is an excellent quick and easy egg recipe that can be made with whatever vegetables you have in the fridge. If you are short of time or inspiration, this is a tasty and quick supper dish – low cost too. In fact you could find yourself using up ingredients you might otherwise have thrown away!
Add herbs to your taste – a bit of oregano or basil would be good. Barry suggest serving of with a drizzle of sweet chilli sauce – but you could add a sprinkle of chilli powder to the main ingredients – or even a teaspoon of mustard!
I could see this as being a fabulous recipe to turn to when you are feeling a bit tired and don’t what to go to a lot of effort to cook. Below is the video and then the written recipe – so you can use which instructions you find easiest.
Fully Loaded Vegetable Frittata
- 8 eggs
- 8 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 6 button mushrooms, sliced
- A handful fresh spinach
- 4 tablespoons sweetcorn
- 1/2 courgette sliced
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 pepper, sliced roughly
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped in chunks
- A handful fresh parsley
- Large handful grated extra mature cheddar cheese
- extra cheese if you wish to top up before baking
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and whisk together
- Place all the other ingredients in a bowl and stir well
- Add the eggs and stir well to mix
- Pour into a quiche dish or baking dish
- Sprinkle with extra cheese if desired
- Place in the oven for around 35 minutes
- Serve with fresh salad or vegetable of your choice!
Looks great for using up bits and bobs from the fridge!