Quick And Easy Pasta Recipe
This is my all time favourite ‘standby’ recipe. If I am having an evening on my own and don’t want to spend anytime cooking, or if I am too tired to cook much for the family. It’s also great when you are low on ingredients when you have not had time to shop as you will often find some of the few things left in your cupboard are… pasta peas and cheese.
There are many quick and easy pasta recipes, but this must be one of the easiest. Somehow pasta, peas and cheese are ingredients that seem to just go together.
You can adapt the quantity to the number of people you are cooking for, and according to how hungry you are. You can use fresh or frozen peas but you could also use sweetcorn
Any type of cheese will do. I usually use a mature cheddar cheese, but parmesan, mozzarella, blue cheese or really any cheese will do – so long it is one you like. I usually season this dish with lots of freshly ground black pepper.
You can even teach your children how to cook it. Great for students too!
You will need:-
Pasta, Peas And Cheese
- 75g-100g pasta per person
- 25g-40g cheese per person, grated or crumbled, depending on cheese
- 25g approx peas fresh or frozen per person
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta in boiling water for 12-15 minutes
- Add the peas to the water 5 minutes before the end of cooking time
- Drain and sprinkle with plenty of cheese
- Add freshly ground black pepper
If you like this recipe, you may want to subscribe to Penny’s Recipe’s newsletter and get the free Meal Plan – 7 family meals for under £30