Stuffed Peppers Recipe
These stuffed peppers with Chorizo are a lovely, sweet and spicy fest. Served with a green salad they make for an easy supper but it will feel like you have had something special! And they are delightfully simple to make.
These Chorizo Stuffed Peppers have simple ingredients yet combined together they make a really special supper. Sweet and Spicy!
Chorizo is a Spanish style sausage – which British people can rarely pronounce correctly! However they love it! It can be bought as a whole sausage of in slices. Either will do fine for this recipe. It is made from pork and flavoured with paprika, garlic and salt. Beyond that there are many different variations of Chorizo – not least as to how spicy it is. For a for a full rundown of the different varieties read this guide from Great British Chefs
Peppers are a staple product in our house hold. I often have stuffed peppers with a variety of ingredients and also add them to chillis and beany stews. All the colours of peppers are lovely so choose those you prefer or just use whatever you have. The red and yellow peppers are the sweetest.
Stuffed pepper recipes always start off with the peppers being roasted – which brings out their sweetness. One reason that they taste so delicious!
Stuffed Peppers With Chorizo
- 1 green onion, diced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 280g chorizo, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large peppers
- 1 ball mozarella
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C
- Cut the peppers in half vertically and lay skin side up in a baking tray
- Brush with olive oil
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until just starting to char
- Gently turn over so they are ready for the stuffing
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a large sauce pan
- Add the chopped onion and cook for a few minutes, stirring frequently
- Add the chopped cherry tomato and stir
- Add the chorizo cook for 5 minutes
- Add the tomato puree and a tablespoon of water if necessary
- Spoon the mixture into the waiting pepper halves
- Slice the mozarella and lay a piece on each pepper
- Return to the oven and cook for 20 minutes
- Serve immediately