Blueberry Muffins Recipe
Blueberry muffins must be one of the best treat foods there is! Glorious with tea or coffee and shared with friends! Easy to make too! Moist and using lots of fruit, they beat bought ones any day. This recipe makes 12 muffins that are packed with fruit.
Easy to make and delicious to eat, you may be tempted to use this blueberry muffin recipe again and again!
Blueberries originated in the USA – hence the plethora of blueberry recipes from America, but they have been grown in Europe since the 1930s.
Well known as a superfood, blueberries are a great muffin ingredients since if you are going to have something as indulgent, it’s good to have something nutritious in it too. Apart from that it just tastes delicious!
Easy Recipe For Blueberry Muffins
Blueberry muffins are really easy to make, with just 5 minutes preparation time and 20 minutes baking time – and they are best eaten warm!
The blueberry spreads inside the muffins when they cook making them taste rather juicy!
This recipe can be made with any fruit you have too – that is in season so it works as a basic muffin recipe too. Use raspberries, strawberries or blackcurrants.
If you don’t fancy muffins, try these Blueberry Cookies instead!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 225g / 8oz plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 120g / 4 oz butter
- 100g / 3oz sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100ml / 3.5fl oz milk
- 200g / 7oz blueberries, washed and dried
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C
- Sieve the flour into a bowl
- Add the baking powder and mix thoroughly
- Add the sugar
- Melt the butter
- Beat the eggs and add to the butter
- Add the milk to the egg and butter
- Stir the eggs, milk and butter mix into the dry ingredients
- Stir in the blueberries
- Place 12 cake cases into a muffin tin
- Using a teaspoon fill the cake cases about 3/4 full
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, checking to see if cooked with a skewer. If it doesn’t come out cleanly, cook for another 2-3 minutes and check again
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before placing on a wire cooling train
- Delightful if eaten while still warm!