Peanut Butter Cookies – Children’s Favourite
When my children were little, I used to do a lot of baking with them and Peanut Butter Cookies were one of the favourites! I usedg simple recipes that they could get involved in – and produce things that they would enjoy eating! I had a wonderful children’s cookery book with big pictures and simple instructions (the sort that I still like now!) It was My First Baking Book
These delicious peanut cookies are great for baking with children – but you don’t have to have children to try them – adults like them too!
Recipe To Evoke Memories
It is a long time since I have used it but when my (now grown up) son was home recently I was wondering what to bake and as he was tucking into a peanut butter sandwich it reminded me of the peanut butter cookies we used to make – really quite a long time ago. We use dto bake them regulary and then we must have stopped at some point and really forgotten about them I wonder why?
Anyway I was excited at the thought of making them again but I really hadn’t bargained for how making them would bring back those early years of motherhood to me. The smell and texture of the dough reminded me of the whole atmosphere and the sights and sounds of thos eyears – toddlerhood to first school days. Amazing what food can evoke! I think it is the effect food has that keeps famlies reuniting around a table and eating dishes that were traditional in the family
Easy Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
This recipe is really simple and makes really delicious cookies – for adults and children. It is easy enough for children to have a go – and most children like peanut butter. I guess these would not be allowed in the lunch box at school due to potential of people with peanut allergies, but they are great for an after school snack.
Peanut Butter Cookies
Makes 18 cookies
- 125g / 4oz butter
- 125g / 4oz brown sugar
- 140g / 5oz peanut butter
- 175g / 6oz self-raising flour
- 1 egg
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C
- in a bowl cream together the butter and sugar
- Add the peanut butter and mix in
- Add the egg and beat into the mix
- Add the flour and mix in – it makes quite a stiff mix
- Grease a baking tray or line with greaseproof paper or a teflon baking mat
- Use two teaspoons to spoon on small blobs of the cookies onto the tray – you may need two baking trays (or cook two batches) – it makes about 18 cookies
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until nicely brown
If you like this recipe, you may want to subscribe to Penny’s Recipe’s newsletter and get the free Meal Plan – 7 family meals for under £30