Blue Cheese Sauce For Pasta
Blue cheese always adds flavour to food in a delightful way. It is great for use in sauces with pasta and vegetables – giving the vegetable flavours and extra kick! It is especially good when melted in cream
Who doesn’t love a good blue cheese sauce made with cream, served with vegetables and pasta?
I love blue cheese in cooking but am not so keen on it on the cheese board so it definitely needed to go into a recipe. I already have a couple of blue cheese based recipes – Cauliflower and Blue Cheese Soup is a firm favourite, but I wanted to try something new.
Vegetables In Blue Cheese Sauce
I also had a little bit of cream left from the Apple Snow I made at the weekend. Blue cheese and cream is certainly a good start to a dish and would make a good sauce. I was already thinking vegetables and pasta and knew I had some courgette and celery in the fridge. The plan was beginning to come together!
I tend to always have some celery in the fridge as it is so good to add to soups and stews. I also had some courgettes so the meal was certainly taking shape. Courgettes with blue cheese and cream was certainly sounding good with a bit of celery added too along with some onion and garlic. All served on a bed of pasta
Well this is a fabulous easy meal – all the flavours worked so well together. As for cost the whole thing would cot about £3.50 for four people. It is very tasty. It would be marvellous as a Saturday supper.
Courgettes do have an affinity with cheese and many courgette recipes include some. In fact I really enjoy courgettes just smothered in a cheese sauce – I believe it was how I first had them.
Courgettes With Blue Cheese Sauce And Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion peeled and sliced
- 2 courgettes thinly sliced
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 350g pasta shapes
- 100g / 3oz blue cheese
- 100ml double cream
- Place the pasta in plenty of boiling water
- Cook according to pack instructions
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a frying pan
- Add the onion and fry for a couple of minutes
- Add the celery and cook for 5 minutes
- Add the courgettes and cook until soft
- When the pasta is cooked, drain
- Add the cream to the pasta and stir
- Crumble in the blues cheese and stir until mostly melted
- Add to the courgette, onion and celery and stir
- Serve immediately